Armatus Agression advice needed

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Alright so far my armatus and silver aro have been living in harmony. Lately it seems as if the armatus has taken more of an intrest in the aro. He will lunge/streak across the tank as if he is going to hit the aro then suddenly stops. I am thinking this may be do to the fact he sees silver and wants to hit, then realizes the size and aborts. Is it possible he is giving warning to the aro? The aro does not seem moved at all. He will swim around the armatus almost like he is trying to play. (I must say I am very impressed with my little aros personality so far)....
Anyway I am just trying to figure out if this may be normal armatus behaviour and everything will be cool or I need to keep a closer eye on things and possibly remove the aro?
This is one of my dream setups so I prefer to leave things be but I do not take to casualties very well. Any help will be appreciated.
BTW I do finally have some pics, I am waiting on my usb that was left in argentina (it should arrive in a couple days)

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
BlackwaterFL;2487026; said:
I am thinking this may be do to the fact he sees silver and wants to hit, then realizes the size and aborts. Is it possible he is giving warning to the aro?
Im going to go with "The Armatus is charging your tankmate". My guy does the same to the Geos. He took one out and has since calmed down.
It is normal for Armatus to do that, infact it is normal for them to kill everything in the tank!! He is also telling you who might be next/first to get "Wacked".

You need to add more fish so he dont focus on 2-3 tankmates. Or it could also be he needs a bigger tank cause the fish are in his teritory.

I dont think anyone has had success with a Aro and Armatus in the same tank. I have that combo right now but for how long is the Q

Pics, Pics

G/L

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
this is normal... but jd is right... if hes already charging, next is a shank.

nothing u can do except get a bigger tank or try adding more tankmates.

the best is bigger fish he wont be able to bully..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store