Aro and PBass Fighting

Mr.Fang

Feeder Fish
Sep 30, 2020
Okay so my Aro (silver) and PBass (kelberi) have been fighting a lot these days. I’ve kept them in a 4 feet tank. The bass is around 8-9inch and the aro is around 14-15 inch. Earlier the peacock used to attack the aro a lot and the aro used to not do anything, this was around a few months back when the aro was 9-10 inch but not it’s the opposite the aro continuously tries to attack the bass and the bass in self defence attacks the aro back. I feed them once a day but I feed them a lot, I give them a mixed diet everyday. I also change 50% water once a week and 20% every 3 days. There are few rocks and driftwood in the tank as well. The other fish in the tank are 3 bichirs (gray, albino and ornate)View attachment 1434194
You need a bigger tank cause peacock bass can be territorial even their own kind they attack. I've been keeping a high back red tail golden and 8 pcs of peacock bass and before the HBRTG use to keep attacking my pbass he even killed already 3pcs of pbass but now i transferred them to a bigger tank they seem to be fine. But sometimes the arowana still chase one pbass the exact only one hehe....

Reactions: tlindsey

TakkerDada

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2020
You need a bigger tank cause peacock bass can be territorial even their own kind they attack. I've been keeping a high back red tail golden and 8 pcs of peacock bass and before the HBRTG use to keep attacking my pbass he even killed already 3pcs of pbass but now i transferred them to a bigger tank they seem to be fine. But sometimes the arowana still chase one pbass the exact only one hehe....
[/QUOT
Same, when I had added another PBass the Aro still used to attack this one, aro never bothered anyone else. I’ve had other fish too for a while earlier but the aro never messed with anyone. Only these two keep messing with each other

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store