Aro staying at bottom of tank. Seems like he has difficulty in swimming too. Tail lower than body when he swims

Piopips

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Need help again. My aro has been like this for the past 2 weeks. He doesnt eat, and only stays at the bottom of the tank. When he swims his tail is slightly lower than his body.
We 've been adding yellow powder for the past week but seems like its not working.

Nitrate was an issue before but we were able to lower it to 20 now

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Need help again. My aro has been like this for the past 2 weeks. He doesnt eat, and only stays at the bottom of the tank. When he swims his tail is slightly lower than his body.
We 've been adding yellow powder for the past week but seems like its not working.

Nitrate was an issue before but we were able to lower it to 20 now
What is the name of the yellow powder?

Piopips

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2020
Ok what was happening with the Arowana before you started med?
It was staying on the bottom and not eating.. if it swims, it was swimming frantically on the surface like gasping for air.

We were advised to increase oxygen so we added powerhead and 2 airstones as adviced and continue water change every 3 days until we get 20 nitrate level.

Aro doesnt gasp for air anymore but still stays at the bottom. Nonother changes were made prior

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It was staying on the bottom and not eating.. if it swims, it was swimming frantically on the surface like gasping for air.

We were advised to increase oxygen so we added powerhead and 2 airstones as adviced and continue water change every 3 days until we get 20 nitrate level.

Aro doesnt gasp for air anymore but still stays at the bottom. Nonother changes were made prior
Turn off powerhead off for a couple of minutes and let me know what happened?

Piopips

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2020
Alright will do. We were also adviced to decrease water in the tank to at least 50%. Becuase he crashes down before when he swims

030542DD-5D42-474F-ABE3-60348450699A.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store