Aro vs. freeze dried foods

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
I hate live crickets...it's that simple. And if the wife finds one more in the living room, i'm in trouble :eek:

So I bought freeze-dried crickets today to try them out. My goal was to complement pellets with those and freeze-dried kryll, with the occasional live crickets and feeders.

Has anyone of you ever tried those? Did your aro like them? Mine tasted them, but spitted them out. With live crickets she readily ates them... Do you think it will need time like for pellets? Here is a link to the product:

Fluker's Farms

After I bought the crickets, I saw there was a kind for "Aquatic" with an aro pictured on the can...too bad, will have to wait next time. Costed me 15$ for approx 250 crickets.

Let me know what you guys think...

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
My aro loves all freeze dried foods as well as Tilapia fillet chunks. :headbang2

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Well I had her for a week, so she still needs to be comfortable. She is kind of a slow eater...will swim around the cricket a couple times before she eats them. Pushing all the other fish away in the process :)

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
try starving her for a couple of days, then put some freeze dried crickets and when she is hungry, she will eat it eventually

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store