Arowana I bought has some sort of wound. Have no clue what it is, any help is welcome

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi, I have just bought a silver albino arowana online and there seems to be some sort of wound on the right side of his body. Behaviour seems normal and I haven't seen any white strings or any other weird stuff. Thinking it was a wound it got from other arowanas (it was previously kept with others of the same size), I placed it in my 400 gal pond with bichirs, clown loaches, and plecos. Just out of caution, I sent a picture of the wound to a friend.
He said that the wound looked like some sort of parasite, and recommended me to quarantine it while medicating it with acriflavine.

Is he right? If so, what kind of parasite is it and how should I deal with it?

Any suggestions are welcome :)

20221127_174028.jpg

20221127_174027.jpg

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
323968F1-0AAE-4453-AC19-BF25338423E9.jpeg
if that’s what you are talking about, it looks like a missing scale and should be fine arowanas loose and regrows scales all the time

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yea could be a missing scale. Clean water and monitor. Would hold off on meds unless getting worse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store