Arowana not eating and keeps opening and closing its mouth

Mouniros_83

Feeder Fish
Jun 22, 2019
Hello anyone can help me to know how I can deal with this issue my arowana all of a sudden started to open and close it’s mouth rapidly and stopped eating it’s totally ignoring the food even though I have a flowerhorn and an Oscar fish with it and they are eating normally lately I had a break in my sump glass and needed to be fixed and had a heater leaking electricity is that might be the issue but again all my other fishes are eating normally and my arowana is swimming normally only issue is the breathing and the fasting issue thx in adv for the help

Wulfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Oregon, United States
I had a Datnoid that did exactly this and it died after about 10 days of not eating. How is your Arowana doing? Did you just get it or have you had it for a while?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Water quality is ok? Gills are moving evenly? Pics or vid of the fish if and when able. Possible food got stuck and may need to be examined by a vet.

Reactions: tlindsey

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Aro couldve easily injured itself when exposed to electricity or spooked by other fish. What size tank and how big is the aro? When did you have the heater issue and was the heater in the sump or in the tank with the fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store