Arowana scale spots

safwansidd

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
What's up lads hope you all staying safe and healthy. Had a small query regarding my Silver Arowana she's over a feet now round 14 inches or so and I noticed these spots on one side of its scales not so much on the other. Does not look like ich to me I'll drop a couple pics down for better understanding anyone know if this is something to worry bout or these are bruises? She lives with a peacock bass just the two so sometimes playful banter here and there.
A3B1979C-7CCB-4EB7-9EDE-217E46881FE5.pngE52E610F-7B3A-4A8F-9687-AEFEB12D68E9.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Could be the beginnings of fungus. Does it have a cotton appearance to it? Would add salt, 1 tsp per g, and up ur water changes. Update after some time.

safwansidd

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2020
Could be the beginnings of fungus. Does it have a cotton appearance to it? Would add salt, 1 tsp per g, and up ur water changes. Update after some time.
Yes has a white ball like cotton appearance. Now when you said it looks like it. Will treat the bass and the aro together by adding salt and upping the temp to 30°c.

safwansidd

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2020
Would you recommend api's Pimafix or Melafix for the treatment?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would you recommend api's Pimafix or Melafix for the treatment?
None of those. Have no effect. I’d try hydrogen peroxide on a qtip and apply to the area. Don’t go near the gills with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store