Arowana siddenly died

Somefinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2021
Apologies if it's in the wrong thread, if so let me know where to post please. So I feed alot of my fish in separate tanks frozen shrimp from the grocery store. Everyone of them are fed pretty well. I feed every 2-3 days so I'm not over feeding. But the arowama that's housed with 2 Oscar's was fed last night he seemed fine, no signs of choking or anything of that nature. This afternoon he expels his stomach and sinks face down and dies. All the other fish are perfectly fine still swimming showing no signs of stress at all.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Apologies if it's in the wrong thread, if so let me know where to post please. So I feed alot of my fish in separate tanks frozen shrimp from the grocery store. Everyone of them are fed pretty well. I feed every 2-3 days so I'm not over feeding. But the arowama that's housed with 2 Oscar's was fed last night he seemed fine, no signs of choking or anything of that nature. This afternoon he expels his stomach and sinks face down and dies. All the other fish are perfectly fine still swimming showing no signs of stress at all.
kno4te kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hard to say. I’d suggest not feeding shrimp as a main food source. Use more as a snack or treat. Try a pellet and/or a varied diet.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
How big is the aro and how long have you had it?

Reactions: tlindsey

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Did you see it expel its stomach and die?

Reactions: Matteus

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Never heard of that before. Could have possibly choked??
While I've never heard of that before years back I had a big silver about 2ft who expelled his stomach had a wierd fit and try to jump at the same time, hit its head on the brace bar and died so....

Unfortunately we never did find out why or what was wrong...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store