arowana vs black wolf

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
A black wolf fish? No, you probably couldn't keep that in with an arowana, never kept them together, but I have kept them separately and I think the wolf fish would be an issue with going after the arowana.

Last edited:

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
N nzafi
moe214 moe214
Dloks Dloks - have you guys ever had any experience with this mix?

Reactions: tlindsey

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
A black wolf fish? No, you probably couldn't keep that in with an arowana, never kept them together, but I have kept them separately and I think the wolf fish would be an issue with going after the arowana.
Negative. I’ve kept Aimaras, curupiras, and malas with Arowanas from African to Asians and everything in between. The wolves completely ignores the arowana(s). My brother is still keeping his Aimara with his Arowana. Not a single problem. I’ve kept 16” Aimaras and 13” Curupira with 7”-12” Arowanas before with absolutely no problem. Wolves aren’t the monster they are claimed to be unless you’re a algae magnet or a net then it’s complete chaos. Again this is REAL EXPERIENCES with REAL FISH. Not a online reader or BS spreader like some *ahem* so keep away jpcampbell123 jpcampbell123 . Don’t let these no experiencer tell you otherwise they have no idea what they are saying. Matteus Matteus thank you for tagging me before another poor member gets misleaded for false information.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Negative. I’ve kept Aimaras, curupiras, and malas with Arowanas from African to Asians and everything in between. The wolves completely ignores the arowana(s). My brother is still keeping his Aimara with his Arowana. Not a single problem. I’ve kept 16” Aimaras and 13” Curupira with 7”-12” Arowanas before with absolutely no problem. Wolves aren’t the monster they are claimed to be unless you’re a algae magnet or a net then it’s complete chaos. Again this is REAL EXPERIENCES with REAL FISH. Not a online reader or BS spreader like some *ahem* so keep away jpcampbell123 jpcampbell123 . Don’t let these no experiencer tell you otherwise they have no idea what they are saying. Matteus Matteus thank you for tagging me before another poor member gets misleaded for false information.
When I kept wolf fish (Both Aimara and Curupira) they went after any and everything. I tried keeping them with a lot of fish, including red devils, oscars, clown knives, fire eels, and gars, the wolf fish nearly killed all of them. I just never tried keeping them with arowanas because I loved my arowanas too much to subject them to that. That is just my experience with them, you can disagree with me without being disrespectful.

Reactions: LBDave

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
When I kept wolf fish (Both Aimara and Curupira) they went after any and everything. I tried keeping them with a lot of fish, including red devils, oscars, clown knives, fire eels, and gars, the wolf fish nearly killed all of them. I just never tried keeping them with arowanas because I loved my arowanas too much to subject them to that. That is just my experience with them, you can disagree with me without being disrespectful.
Just goes to show different people can have different experiences with many monster fish -- there are few universal truths in this hobby regarding aggressive fish behavior, despite what some on OG pulpits might expound.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Well, different fish different dispositions.

I have an aimara that is 8", but is very docile and is living with barbs and always hiding beneath the driftwood.

I have malabaricus, who are systematically eliminating pbass in my tank, where as my previous 8" malabaricus was killed by the bichirs.

But we go with better safe than sorry approach most of the time.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Well, different fish different dispositions.

I have an aimara that is 8", but is very docile and is living with barbs and always hiding beneath the driftwood.

I have malabaricus, who are systematically eliminating pbass in my tank, where as my previous 8" malabaricus was killed by the bichirs.

But we go with better safe than sorry approach most of the time.
Exactly, I have had "peaceful fish" be downright nasty, fish like tetras, loaches, killifish, etc. and I have had "nasty fish" be peaceful, like oscars, arowanas, gars, pea puffers. it all goes fish by fish. And just because a fish is peaceful now, doesn't mean it won't change. I've had fish (my hawk fish comes to mind) that are peaceful that all of a sudden kill everything, I had a hawkfish in my reef tank kill a mandarin, 3 chromises, a diamond goby, and a clownfish in one night, no idea what made him do that.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store