Arowana with a rotting scale and tail fin

arowanahelp

Feeder Fish
Jul 2, 2022
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Recently my arowana has been staying at the bottom of the fish tank, not moving as much. It doesn’t eat during feeding as well. I’ve already done a water change but the situation does not seem to be improving. The tail fin and one scale seems to be rotting and one of the small loaches tend to suck on those areas. Need some help on this please

C320EAB0-E82F-4B27-8E30-679C5BE587BA.jpeg5B05FBE8-4E7D-4E93-A78E-7B53EF5F7D6E.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Recently my arowana has been staying at the bottom of the fish tank, not moving as much. It doesn’t eat during feeding as well. I’ve already done a water change but the situation does not seem to be improving. The tail fin and one scale seems to be rotting and one of the small loaches tend to suck on those areas. Need some help on this please

View attachment 1498470View attachment 1498471
Welcome aboard
Do you have a test kit if so post your water parameters. Also any other tankmates beside the loaches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store