Arowana with multiple types of fish and tank size.

sigbaconater

Feeder Fish
Feb 18, 2015
Delaware
Questions:

-Will a 72x24x? (180-240) gallon tank be good for an arowana?

-Will the arowana be good with my African Cichlids, Green Scat, Pleco, Bala Shark, and a few South American cichlids?

-If the arowana is not suitable what other fish can I get that are around its nature (Ex: Gars, Other Arowanas, Rays, Eels, ect)

Thanks

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Questions:

-Will a 72x24x? (180-240) gallon tank be good for an arowana?

-Will the arowana be good with my African Cichlids, Green Scat, Pleco, Bala Shark, and a few South American cichlids?

-If the arowana is not suitable what other fish can I get that are around its nature (Ex: Gars, Other Arowanas, Rays, Eels, ect)

Thanks
2 feet wide won't work long term for silver arowana.. If you want a jardini, try to go at least 30" wide

Reactions: tlindsey

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
Depends upon species and indivdual personality. I've had experience with all legal species and in order from least tolerant to most docile I'd say Jardini a.k.a Satan, Silver, Black and Leichardti. Anyways top swimming fish have had the most trouble in my tanks. Bottom dwelling fish have the least problems especially if they have somewhere to hide. I have a 210g and my Leichardti has grown out of it. The wider the better

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
Ive got a RTG in with some large aggressive American cichlids such as red terrors and red tigers and my aro is fine.

He gets more jip off my heckelli from time to time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store