AROWANA WONT EAT AND LAYS AT BOTTOM!

Joepardo13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2019
ive had my arowana for about a month now, it always ate an was always very active, but for the past week ive noticed his fins were all beating up, so i took my frontosa out of the tank with the arowana thinking the frontosa has been nipping at the arowana, but my arowana is still laying on the bottom and ive tried feeding it multiple times and it wont eat

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Really stressed out aro. If able to keep it alone then I’d suggest it. Not sure if the clown knife will leave it alone either. Wait it out and try referring.

Joepardo13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2019
Really stressed out aro. If able to keep it alone then I’d suggest it. Not sure if the clown knife will leave it alone either. Wait it out and try referring.
should i take the clown knife out? and do you think its just stressed? not sick or anything?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The aro finnage has been bitten pretty badly. At such age, it won't take much stress to kill them. We'd need a complete stock to guess the culprit but I too would not discount the knife. In fact, I would suspect it. You don't have much time left to save it.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store