As was predicted...

Springtyme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Bethlehem & Philadelphia, PA
I only have 1 demasoni left out of the original 3 that I had purchased from That Fish Place. The other 2 got eaten, both times while I was either away on vacation or at work so I don't know who the culprit was, and really don't care to know because I might take revenge like sticking him in a tank with an oscar :swear: Now I still have all 6 rams left, and one tiny little demasoni.... is this combination okay? They're only in a 10 gal tank for now, but will be moved into a 30 gal once I get moved into my new apartment... plus they're still tiny. :feedback:

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
O..bummer. I'm not particularly fond of African cichlids....but I shall try my best to consoul you! :p First off, I am envious of you being able to go to That Pet Place and get your fish! I currently have some fish on hold for me there...:D...Crenicichla marmoratas to be exact! Wahoo..but i digress. Ahem. Its possible that you demasoni may have just passed away while you were gone, and the rams ate them/it. The reason i say this is cuz they ARE from different continents, and have different water requirements. It is possible that it just wasn't able to cope with the softer, more acidic water and passed away. You didn't include what the other tankmates are either, which could be rather helpful in solving the mystery. Rams to me don't really seem like cold blooded killers, but you never know. In a small enough tank, and if the demasoni isn't able to get away..it is possible. Have you checked on the ground around the tank? Sometimes fish in their flight to get away from attackers resort to jumpin.....sucks but it happens. Hope you have the best of luck wit your last one! Get him his own tank and then get some buddies for him. Then you will be able to watch them closer to find out whats going on! Side note, just how small are they? Bite size?

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
Penut_Power I'm picking up my pike today.....I'll post pic when I figgure out how.

Rams eating Demasoni......only if someone cut it up and cleaned it for them...heck my baby sevrum pick on rams.

I have 8 damasoni with 2 jewels ( that laid eggs and are defending them ) 1 6 inch dolphin 2 brachardi 6 electric blue allies in a 75gal

Male damasoni are verry agressive so that could be the problem.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Nice...umm....what pike are you pickin up today? LOL! Like, a pike cichlid?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!! LOL!! I thought you were antipikes!! Well...definately post pictures!! I would love to see it! And, err...if you don't want it...i...er...know someone who would LOVE to have it...:D...and yes...in reply to that one post that i can't member where its at...I am single! But i control/decide what goes into my tankz either way, single or not! Sheesh!! I was being serious about that!! Most of my gf's were actually a little jealous of my tankz cuz i put so much time, love, and effort into them...hehe. But i digress....lol....it probably is they die while you are gone and then the rams pick at them or some other fish, like an algae eater, since you probably have one in there...picks at them while you are gone. That or they jump. Cuz doesn't really make sense to me that the rams would eat them unless they were fry...lol

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
I very much doubt the rams are responsible...your sole survivor demasoni would have done the damage. They don't do well in groups unless its a large colony of 15-20 demasoni...otherwise, they need to be kept as the only dem with other fish. Since you now only have one, he should be okay with the rams, though he really shouldn't be in with them to begin with, but watch them and see how it goes...and upgrade that tank asap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store