At datnoid problems

Haryharrison

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2019
Hi all looking for a bit of advise got an American tiger datnoid(silver) around 2 month ago he's now about 3.5 inch been fine with feeding but will only take blood worms or cut up prawns and has always been greedy. I went away the weekend just gone for 3 nights came back Monday it fed but then rejected everything and now its day 5 with no food. My tank has been set up for a few years my water perimeters are all fine just small trace of nitrates it's tank mates are two small kelberi bass and a small flagtail which were all purchased together. How long can they go without food as I'm running out of ideas? There's no bullying in the tank if anything he is the boss and chases everyone and is still active and looking like he wants to eat but is rejecting everything . Anyone got any advise it would be appreciated thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Wouldn’t go more than couple of weeks. I’d take the food u want to feed and mix with the bloodworm juice. Then try feeding again.

Haryharrison

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2019
It's rejecting blood worms aswel will just spit them back out tried with mussels aswel today just spat that back out

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It's rejecting blood worms aswel will just spit them back out tried with mussels aswel today just spat that back out
I see. K krichardson

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
When were those other fish added and where they quarantined prior to putting them in? They could have introduced some sort of organism that is affecting the dat's eating.
Does the AT appear to be gasping or breathing heavily?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Small wiggly worms, cut up frozen tilapia, fz cut market shrimp, or sinking smelly pellets are better options. It’s likely just being stubborn for whatever reason. U have a photo or video of the silver dat? If it’s not thin. shouldn’t be too alarming.

Reactions: kno4te and Matteus

Haryharrison

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2019
Some things are a bit different in the UK he's currently just been eating frozen shrimp and blood worms won't touch anything else its still acting like it wants to feed coming up to surface when I'm feeding others just had no Interest in prawns anymore

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store