ATF ID

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
Hey peoples, so after missing out on them about a year ago, I've finally managed to get my hands on an ATF. It(Taz), is roughly 5 inches or so. The store ordered Vittatus from the supplier and was sold to me as such, but I am curious to see what the community thinks it is. This job will be made harder thanks to potato level pictures... Idk why(It's a S9).20191208_154144.jpg20191208_154651.jpg

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
Chicxulub Chicxulub

Reactions: kno4te

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Potato pics do make this uncertain, but I'm pretty sure it's vatf sensu stricto. I've got a very high threshold of info before I make a 100% call, but it seems reasonably likely that this is a vatf.

Reactions: kno4te

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
Potato pics do make this uncertain, but I'm pretty sure it's vatf sensu stricto. I've got a very high threshold of info before I make a 100% call, but it seems reasonably likely that this is a vatf.
Thanks for the tag and thanks for sharing your expert opinion! I'll try to get better picture up :)

Reactions: Chicxulub

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
So I come home today after being gone for Christmas the night before and see my ATF floating upside down at the top of the tank. RIP Taz, you weren't with me very long and I have no idea what happened to you, because you were perfectly fine the evening before. I have heard stories from other keepers here saying they sometimes randomly charge into the side of the tank and basically knock themselves out? Maybe now somebody can get a better idea of the ID as well... this sucks :(

RIP Taz after coming home on Dec 25.jpg

20191225_162714.jpg

20191225_162917.jpg

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
Sorry for the loss. Your experience is exactly what has happened to my last two ATF.
Ohh man, this happening once is bad, I can't imagine going through it another time. You never found out what caused their early deaths? The only other thing I can think of is that he literally stuffed himself to death. He absolutely devoured the feeders I had given to him the even before I went away.

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Ohh man, this happening once is bad, I can't imagine going through it another time. You never found out what caused their early deaths? The only other thing I can think of is that he literally stuffed himself to death. He absolutely devoured the feeders I had given to him the even before I went away.
Not entirely sure but both were completely fine the day before and found dead the next morning. First one I think was spooked by some nervous dithers. The second I think was spooked by myself, removing ceramic tile with a hammer from the upstairs level. Needless to say I'll try again but only after the home renovation is over.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store