Auranti,,, love is in the air ( water)

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Real Name
Mazhar
My beautiful pair finally having good time together,,, all advises are welcome,,IMG-20181217-WA0007.jpg IMG-20181217-WA0005.jpg sorry for the tank , my health is not well , now a days ,( ligament injury)

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Real Name
Ron
Seem to be getting along really well.

Reactions: tlindsey

Gaz_ham

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2008
northants, uk
They sure do. Just keep things as they are, you've done something right to get a pair. Don't forget to lower the temperature/ water change at the right times, my pair never managed to spawn as i couldn't get the temperature low enough in the house.

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Real Name
Mazhar
Ryt now they r in 15c cold water ,

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Real Name
Mazhar
How did you get them to pair!!!!???
I used a method which I applied to andrao and bleheri last year and get success in breeding ,I just put a smaller female with a male ( just a little smaller ) , and keep a eye on them for few days that they don't fight , but after initial flaring they start wrapping , and living peacefully,, I also tried a bigger female with a smaller male ,but she starts hitting him after a day , and doing this method on mature fish is good,

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Real Name
Pete D
Thanks dude, figured that’s where I went wrong female was much bigger than the male. He has been removed and is growing out in another tank... hopefully can turn again when he is bigger.. I am assuming that makes get larger than females?

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Real Name
Mazhar
Thanks dude, figured that’s where I went wrong female was much bigger than the male. He has been removed and is growing out in another tank... hopefully can turn again when he is bigger.. I am assuming that makes get larger than females?
Bro , when u put them together in same aquarium, use a glass separator for few days , let them know each other , a Malaysian frnd of mine get success by this way with smaller male

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Real Name
Pete D
Yeah tried that.. everything was fine for 2-3 months, then over night she shredded him! Will let him recover and grow a bit and try again like you said. Thanks dude

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store