Auratus drastic color change

Casey Norris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
Oklahoma
Maybe im reading too much into this but i hope i didnt get your panties in too much of a twist Kisses. I was just looking for help or a general opinion because i was worried about my fish. No need to get upset. I appreciate all of the answers though. At least now i have a good idea that whatever is happeing to the little guy is normal and nothing to be too alarmed about. It was just a little scary thinking that there was something wrong with him and i didnt have the slightest clue how to fix it, or help him. But know im set straight either way.

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
I just think its a stupid site, is all, giving people bad and wrong information (as you found out). Assuming your fish changed sex, instead of just changing colour as is appropriate for males of that species, seemed a little weird to me.

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
I did not realise that fish have fish Doctors that can give them o sex change!!! :confused: :screwy: :nilly: Wonder if they charge the same as a Human Doctor?
I would advise you to stay clear of these sites that say a fish can change its sex!!!!!!!:confused: :screwy: :nilly:
A site like MFK is there to give and receive advice. This should be sound advice so that all can benefit.:naughty: :nilly: :headbang2 :ROFL:

SphericalCube

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2006
Arlington, Tx
goomba.predatoryfish.net
Casey Norris;625494; said:
Look at the links that i posted. I found several sites talking about them changing sex. The fish has been adult for much to long for Him/Her to just now change colors.
Anyone talking about auratus changing sex just doesn't realize that ALL the babies look female until they get about and inch or two. I breed M. Chipokae for my lfs's and they are much the same. They're hard to sell b/c they all look the same until they get old enough to show adult coloration then the males turn blue and black. They will look VERY strange during the transformation and seem to be made of many colors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store