Australian Freshwater Stonefish aka Bullrout aka Kroki

RoBeeWon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Gday, can anyone help me? I’m doing a brackish water setup... (in a four ft tank)
I want a Bullrout/stonefish. My question is:- if I were to get him and bring it home will he survive in my 5ft tropical freshwater tank? How long? (He’s in tropical freshwater at LFS) Do I have time to setup and cycle a brackish tank ?
Any help offered would be great and highly appreciated!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've always liked the bullrouts they have an awesome look about them.I have tried them a few times but they never seem to last very long.The shops bring them in very small when they do get them so I would love to see one with some size on it.
That said,I am not sure how long the fish will live in freshwater conditions.You could possibly set up a brackish tank and slowly acclimate the fish to it.How big is the fish currently?

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never seen one over two inches in length and to think that they can grow to 30 centimeters.
Taking him back,so you did go ahead and buy it?

RoBeeWon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Yes, I talked myself into it and now I’m talking myself out of it... even though it has been in TFW it’s entire life....

RoBeeWon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
What happens when I get excited about a different unique fish, and don’t do enough research... I’m kicking my own ass right now!!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store