Axolotl help

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
To add to the downside of an axolotl in a planted tank setup they dont have eyelids and doesnt like light. I have three i grew out (trying to get rid of one or two when i determine the final ones gender) in a 40g B and they ate all of the feeder guppies, blackstripe topminnows in there. Huge Goldfish and dojo loaches seem to be safest bet for what i have seen other keepers do.

they are interesting for sure can be cannibals when hungry enuff 🙄and seem to be more dumb at times acting like they cannot find their food or they have me trained to handfeed them?

Reactions: jjohnwm

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Puffers can get pretty mean - I wouldn’t mix one with something as delicate as a goby. Besides, only half full doesn’t give you much water volume to work with and puffers are very messy.

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

JustTheFish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2023
Puffers can get pretty mean - I wouldn’t mix one with something as delicate as a goby. Besides, only half full doesn’t give you much water volume to work with and puffers are very messy.
I’m not really into Molly’s so are there other good ones?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Most brackish fish like archers, scats, and monos get too big for your tank. The puffer may try to bite your mudskippers. Guppies are small and will get eaten by mudskippers

Mollies are the right size. You could try Orange Chromides or glass fish

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Mollies make good fillers for the other fish.
With only 25 usable gallons, that’s probably the only thing I would try (that isn’t at risk of getting eaten).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store