Background

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
What does everyone use for background? I like black backgrounds and have been painting the backs of my tanks but they scratch too easily. Heard of people using window tint and was wondering how that works out? Also heard of this stuff called Oyama paper or something. What is that, is it good, and where can I get it in the U.S. ?

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
A static cling type background?? Like the MFK decals. I wonder where someone would get something like that?

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
Dargath78 said:
A static cling type background?? Like the MFK decals. I wonder where someone would get something like that?
Yes that is what I am talking about. You could probally get it from a company that makes signs like stop signs and that kind of crap. One of my freinds truck has a huge vinyl sticker and it holds up in all the rain we get in WA state wonder how well it would stick to glass?

Meniscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I just use the black background plastic stuff that you get at your LFS.

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Well the MFK decal sticks to my tank very well. A full back decal would stay on definately.

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
I don't like the tape on backgrounds. If they aren't on perfectly they look like crap. I want something that is stuck directly to the back of the tank. No air space. Like I said painting looks awesome but if you hit it it scratches very easily.

Ali1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
i spray painted mine... yeh your right, it does scratch easily, but it's not like your going to be rbbing the back all day... you only got to be careful when you place the filter b/c it mite get to close to the glass and scratch it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store