Background?

xxaprilrose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
Currently I have a (maybe 6in?) flowerhorn that I got about 3 weeks ago. He’s in a 37gallon tank and I just bought a 65 gallon I’m going to transfer him to. I want the new tank to look a bit more modern and I want a black background but will this affect his colors too much? He’s a fireman’s dream so I’m not sure if it would affect his specific colors or not. I plan on white sand though. Thanks! Here’s a pic of him for reference

A07F6281-4315-4B23-AD4B-3ED82DE13B65.jpeg

Bbuckley

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Currently I have a (maybe 6in?) flowerhorn that I got about 3 weeks ago. He’s in a 37gallon tank and I just bought a 65 gallon I’m going to transfer him to. I want the new tank to look a bit more modern and I want a black background but will this affect his colors too much? He’s a fireman’s dream so I’m not sure if it would affect his specific colors or not. I plan on white sand though. Thanks! Here’s a pic of him for reference

View attachment 1467411
I don't think you will have a worry my tank has a not black but very dark background with almost white sand and its not caused my FH to darken up.

IMG_20210721_165035.jpg

Reactions: Caveden

Bbuckley

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom

View attachment 1467411
And I think my guy would be more likely to darken than yours.

He's a stunner by the way you will have to post some pics in the new tank.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

xxaprilrose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
Oh wow!! He looks amazing. Love his colors! And thank u. I can’t wait to set it up and get it cycled for him 😀 it’s so big compared to him now lol

Bbuckley

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Oh wow!! He looks amazing. Love his colors! And thank u. I can’t wait to set it up and get it cycled for him 😀 it’s so big compared to him now lol
😊 Thank you.

😂 There new tanks always look really big stick some pic up when it's done every one likes seeing new tank pics.

Welcome to the forum 😊

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store