Bad Feeling about this

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
Hey guys,

Today I moved my pictus cat into my 400L in the past, I had problems with him for whitespot etc, but he looked very healthy and has not had white spot for around 5-6 months now. Well after transferring him to the tank that housesa clown loach, two guppies, 1 bronze cory, a gold nugget and six angel fish I have noticed my brone cory flick once against the sand and then I just saw the clown flick once against the ornament in the tank. Earlier I saw one of my angels, a black lace one flick against the plants, but I thought it was a "one off" thing, they are not showing any signs of whitespot, but I have extremely beautiful fish in this tank, there is no way I'm going to lose any of them! I do not want to medicate as I have a clown loach and a pictus in there. I've got a bad feeling this might be an onset to whitespot, does anyone know what I should do? Should I put up the temp higher? Will this affect any of my fish? Should I add salt, and if so how much? Or shold I wait until I see the fish flicking more than once and then act?

I really don't want to lose any of these fish, please help me guys

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
oh my god i just went to check the reading on my juwel heater and it read 32, but the stick on thermometer is reading 25 deg c I bought a back up heater, tetratec so im waiting forthe other one to cool down then im switching heaters to see if the temp will go up, this is ridiculous, the heater was supplied with the tank

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
so I've just raised the temp to 28 deg then tomorrow 30 deg cel if the new heating is working. do u guys know what i should do now?I mean now what do i do, i think I will just leave the temp at 30 deg c and see what happens, then if i see spots or more flashing, i will either put salt or medicate

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
How is the fish doing so far? Yeah raise the temp, and put some salt in there. That has always worked in the past for me. I hope it all works out for you and everyone is healthy there in your tank.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
I put in the new heater an hour ago, so the temp should go up by tomorrow morning hopefully. I really dont want to medicate, but if I need to then I will use salt combined with esha whitespot perhaps in a couple of days if the fish are still flicking. Will also go out and buy a new pump tomorrow. The fish seem fine, they dont look like they have whitespot, but caught a few flicks, so I just need to be sure. I am not going to lose fish to whitespot this time, have suffered from it too many times to not be a pro at this LOL

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
surprise surprise i put it to 28 deg and now the thermometer strip is now reading 28 deg c. i think that heater never really worked...coz when i took it out it felt cold...but anyway, I havent seen my fish flash that much, but I will still up the temp and put in an extra pump.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
hey guys! well its now been a couple of days the temp has been at 28deg cel. and all flashing has stopped, and have seen no appearances of whitespot. so i have not added salt or upped the temp - i will leave the temp like this for another week or so then will lower it by a degree or two afterwards, if there are no more suspicious flashes or any other signs.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
well lets hope this is the last of flashing that i saw before i put the temp up! i love my angels too much to just let the whitespot kill them. the temp is still the same, have not added anything except a new airpump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store