Bad luck lately!

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
So two weeks ago I lost my 29 inch Fire eel. Not sure what happened to it but it seemed to be getting whitish mark's on it and blister looking spots. Put it in a hospital tank and tried to treat it but it didn't take it. Well today I come home and my 13 inch Hoplias curupira is dried up on the floor. My glass top was flipped open so it must've jumped. Not a good month for me.
20200527_143803.jpg

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Sorry for your loss, you've got some immaculate set ups and great fish too, I always enjoy your fish room updates.

If you can take one positive from this it'd be that maybe, to prevent a future recurrence, you could do a bit of remedial work on your canopy.

As far as the fire eel goes i'm not sure you could have done much there.

Keep your chin up.

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
Sorry for your loss, you've got some immaculate set ups and great fish too, I always enjoy your fish room updates.

If you can take one positive from this it'd be that maybe, to prevent a future recurrence, you could do a bit of remedial work on your canopy.

As far as the fire eel goes i'm not sure you could have done much there.

Keep your chin up.
Yeah will put some weights on my tops now with fish that are known jumpers.

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
They lived a good life and were obviously cared for well. Sad to see, but, that's the downside of this hobby. Hopefully their spots will open to offer some lucky new fish a caring home and hopefully they make you just as happy in their own way.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Always sucks to lose fish like this. Sorry to hear. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store