Bagarius Yarelli info: disclaimer, write up, must read before purchase

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
good to hear, I actually never heard back from you after shipping them out, thought maybe you were mad or they died. glad to hear you like them and thanks for the support. happy fish keeping.

Wes
Sorry for not responding sooner...2 of the 6 i ordered went to another keeper in my area and his 2 are doing great aswell so i find it hard to believe people are having problems when we took a fairly large chunk of the populatin and they were shipped far across the u.s. My package even arrived 3 hours over the estimated time by fedex. He posted shortly before i did as (fish-arent-real) and called to tell me about the disclaimer. Just a bit of info for everybody, i acclimated all the goonch in 5 gallon buckets over a period of almost 2 hours as i would any other fish. I filled the buckets with 2" of tank water and floated the bags for about 30. min so they came up to temp. I then dumped half cups of water into their bags from the tank every 15min until the bags were full. When the bags were full i dumped them out and continued to add tank water to the buckets in half cup amounts for another 40 min. When i felt they were comfortable in their new water i picked up the goonch by hand and held them in the current of the tank until they slowly swam away into their new home :) I drove to my friends house and acclimated his two in the same fashion. It angers me to hear another local keeper kept his 4 in a foam box for a couple days before even making room for them in a tank with other fish. They unfourtunatly died shortly after. Wes i understend your trying to make everything rite with your customers and its not your fault if people abuse their privledge to obtain such a beautiful rare specimen. Goodluck everybody with the remaining fish, and i hope my info helps keep them all safe. Thanks Wes

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I have never ordered a fish from you but from what I have read you are a great guy selling great fish, I am sorry you have felt the need to explain yourself, or explain the situation. My view of you has not changed GREAT SELLER OF GREAT FISH. Keep it up

m_class2g

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
this was not my first order from wes. top notch and takes care of his clients. i ordered a few goonch from him. some i sold on arrival and 1 i kept for myself. here is a pic of the one i kept when it first arrived and another pic of the same fish a few days later after a few meals of prawn. A+++ fish and service.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
I personally never had those cats before but my friend went thru a few of those before he said he figured it out how to keep them alive. He said it should have cooler temperature water. He keeps it without a heater (room temperature) and the water didn't look that clean too. All the others he lost was in warmer water.

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
Interesting info, good disclaimer/write up. I never owned one either, but it seems like most are really sensitive to water parameters and prefer cooler waters. I think your write up will help a lot people out who own them or are going to own one so props to you for taking your time and writing this! I bet many people who own a bagarius will learn from this and hopefully never have to see their bagarius's go belly up. Seems you are very knowledgeable of them too as with most other [rare] fish lol. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store