Balcony Pond

Rwils24

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi all

I live in Toronto, Canada, so it can get pretty chilly. I am moving into a new condo, with a fairly large balcony. I was debating doing some sort of balcony pond.

We have southwest sun, so it would get warm in the summer, but the winter I imagine would get pretty cold. I could keep a bubbler in the winter to attempt to prevent ice.

Is there any way this could work?

Thanks

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hello R Rwils24 ,
I know how cold it gets in Canada, I live an hour away in the US. You would need some kind of heating element for the winter months. I don't think a bubbler is going to do anything for freezing water. I'm assuming you plan on getting Koi. Most keepers even bring their fish indoors during the winter months. Down south in states like Florida, Georgia, Texas ect, they can live year round outdoors. GL

Reactions: Bbuckley

KingLou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2020
So Cal
i have a shop where they will have plenty of room. i just have them there for now where my kids can enjoy them and teach them how much work goes into keeping up the pond, plants and fish. something we can share time doing and enjoy daily as a family.

• Love
Reactions: Fishman Dave

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Patio Ponds are nice. I have one right outside on my porch. Very simple. This definitely could work, and you can stock with fish and plants and other stuff. What size would you be looking at?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store