Banjo Catfish

BGKAuatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2018
Ontario Canada
i just bought a banjo catfish from the LFS and I’m wondering about them. Mine did the typical behaviour you know float to the bottom sit there for a while finally moved and burrowed in the sand and he’s already munching on leftover bugs lol but I’m wondering if there is anything to watch out for with them? They’re with other cats like Hoplos and a featherfin and one flyer pleco and seems to be doing fine so far the hoplo just “whiskered” him for a couple seconds which was prettt funny but should I be on the lookout with these for anything in particular?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
i just bought a banjo catfish from the LFS and I’m wondering about them. Mine did the typical behaviour you know float to the bottom sit there for a while finally moved and burrowed in the sand and he’s already munching on leftover bugs lol but I’m wondering if there is anything to watch out for with them? They’re with other cats like Hoplos and a featherfin and one flyer pleco and seems to be doing fine so far the hoplo just “whiskered” him for a couple seconds which was prettt funny but should I be on the lookout with these for anything in particular?

Only concern may be the Featherfin just keep your eye on it but other than that they should be fine.

Reactions: kno4te

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
I've kept banjos for years although at the moment i don't have any. They will typically go unnoticed. Do you have sand for a substrate?

Reactions: tlindsey

Keyboard Cat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2018
They need sand. I have one, and I've only seen it actually move once or twice. They spend most of their time buried under the sand, slightly visible. They do move to different locations in the tank a lot, but as i said, I've only seen it move a few times.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
They need sand. I have one, and I've only seen it actually move once or twice. They spend most of their time buried under the sand, slightly visible. They do move to different locations in the tank a lot, but as i said, I've only seen it move a few times.
Welcome aboard
+1

BGKAuatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2018
Ontario Canada
Welcome aboard
+1
Haha yeah I’ve noticed lol he does hide a lot but when I do see him he is cool

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store