Barred Midas and Rose Queen pair w/ VIDEO

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
Nice fish and cool video, but if you are going for nice fish? Mating those two you will be taking a step backwards in the wrong direction. By mixing the Barred Midus ( a dark fish with stripes) with a bright colored fish. You are basically going to be washing away a chance of bright color in the offspring. Examples of this would be a texas/feste or jag/texas or jag/red devil to date some of the ugliest crosses I have seen!
Only bringing it up because the point behind hybridization is to improve upon or move forward the looks and characteristics or a fish or two fish. Not backwards. This is the reason the market gets flooded with low grad turd Flowerhorn not nice ones. Not that the offspring from those two would be Flowerhorn just compairing them to make a point.

fishdude666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
australia
the body is too long for a "rose queen" aka darmo parrot, red marmon
and the lips extend way to much.

gorgous fish but i think it's a kkp

no offence intended I love all hybrids

love to see how the fry turn out.
I'm currently trying to breed a darmo parrot female and a texas male
this is a old shot of the female she's about twice the size now.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/1252105687059960004uNKnKT

l3gend504

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
Florida
nah the pinkish fish is definitly a rose queen, i had it at the size of 2 inches and it was completely silver with a few blotches like flowers on its sides. than at one point, every week it would peel its skin a little bit more getting its more pinkish red color. and as far as the color of the off spring i know the male rose queens get a much more rosy color, and the midas i have has a real nice body type, its hump gets bigger than it is shown. i hope to come out with a few winners out of the batch.

l3gend504

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
Florida
yeah i was talkin to him too, anyway know a if crushed yolk is good to feed the fry? heard anything about that before?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store