Basic low lumens LED aquarium light ?

Danny 1018

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2022
Any recommendations for one that puts out low amount of lumens ? Looking of a basic LED light that is not too pricey. The basic one I have from Marineland is too bright for the severums in my 75 gallon tank. The Marineland light is on 8-10 hours a day in the basement.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Look up water resistant led strip lights something like these.
I've used them in the past they work pretty good. I attached mine to pvc and used pvc hangers to attach them to the canopy.

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
I absolutely love the NICREW lights found on Amazon. I've got them on almost all of my tanks now. They have some that are just a one and done light spectrum (lights, blue only, or off), but in the last few years they've started making a bunch that you can manually adjust both the white light and blue light settings on to customize to your liking for your tank. These are my preferred, and they come in all different lengths. I personally don't like a crap ton of light on my tanks either and find lights that are "for" the tanks size are way overkill, so I'll use what is advertised as like a "5/10gal" light on my 75gal, etc. My current 75gal has this one on it, in this size (the actual light is about 10" long) and it's perfect for my tastes. This is from Amazon.ca so price shown is CAD, I'm sure it's significantly less if you're in the US.

1675716973502.png

Reactions: jjohnwm

Danny 1018

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2022
I absolutely love the NICREW lights found on Amazon. I've got them on almost all of my tanks now. They have some that are just a one and done light spectrum (lights, blue only, or off), but in the last few years they've started making a bunch that you can manually adjust both the white light and blue light settings on to customize to your liking for your tank. These are my preferred, and they come in all different lengths. I personally don't like a crap ton of light on my tanks either and find lights that are "for" the tanks size are way overkill, so I'll use what is advertised as like a "5/10gal" light on my 75gal, etc. My current 75gal has this one on it, in this size (the actual light is about 10" long) and it's perfect for my tastes. This is from Amazon.ca so price shown is CAD, I'm sure it's significantly less if you're in the US.

View attachment 1512548
Are the far left and far right areas of your 75 gallon tank "dark" using the 10 inch LED light on a 4 foot tank ?

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
They're definitely dim, but that's because I have the adjustable settings on the light quite low for my personal liking. If I turn them on to the max setting for the white light, then no. Personally, I like dim corners - pretty sure the fish prefer not being blasted with light at all times too lol.

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
My 75.
1675720710533.png

Reactions: FJB

Danny 1018

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2022
They're definitely dim, but that's because I have the adjustable settings on the light quite low for my personal liking. If I turn them on to the max setting for the white light, then no. Personally, I like dim corners - pretty sure the fish prefer not being blasted with light at all times too lol.
Thank you for the suggestion ! Per your recommendation, I purchased a NICREW light (18 inch version, 14 watts). The 3 severums are less skittish now since I turned the the brightness compared to the old Marineland LED light (rated 10 watts). With the NICREW light, I am using only around 6 watts out of the 14 watts.

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Awesome, glad it's working out for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store