becareful of what and who your buying from

b-man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
US
jsut a heads up

as some of you may have noticed. there have been some "questionable" reptile postings for sale lately. being a cuora nut, i was recently contacted to see if i was interested in CITES listed "new" stock cuoras.

how do you guys handle or know the orig of the stock your buying. say if someone smuggled in some leopard torts, how would you know if they were cap breed or smuggled in? you can ask, but how do you know if its the truth?

btw there have been a few people were busted this yr for smuggling.............

so play it safe.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
b-man;1229032; said:
jsut a heads up

as some of you may have noticed. there have been some "questionable" reptile postings for sale lately. being a cuora nut, i was recently contacted to see if i was interested in CITES listed "new" stock cuoras.

how do you guys handle or know the orig of the stock your buying. say if someone smuggled in some leopard torts, how would you know if they were cap breed or smuggled in? you can ask, but how do you know if its the truth?

btw there have been a few people were busted this yr for smuggling.............

so play it safe.
Best thing to do, is to only deal with people or companies you know or can research. If someone contacts you and you do not know them or do not know anyone who can vouch for them as being legit don't deal with them.

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
b-man;1233670; said:
yes, but the rare n odd balls are really hard to come by, esp when your a die hard....
I understand. FWC will do Sting operations to catch people. There is a guy on Aquabid right now, who has no feed back in New Jersey selling an Asian Arowana. My guess is it's a sst up, but then again I am sure there are people i stupid enought to try and sell them here.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Hear that everyear

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store