Best arowana tankmates ?

DJW

Feeder Fish
Feb 8, 2020
Hi, I'm currently have 7" super red arowana, and he's alone. I'm planning to add tank mates for arowana, any suggestions also anyone know the easiest way to clean my aquarium from guppy fish ? I have around 120g tank with 150cm X 60 X 60

Thx

Reactions: tlindsey

Bootie08

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2018
Please keep in mind that your aro will eventually need a bigger tank. At only 120 gallons it will outgrow it very fast. At 7 inches it will easily grow over a foot in about of a year. Thinking about tank mates right now is a good time though since when it’s bigger it may see others are a threat.

nascar291

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Chicago
I had a few Polypterus And Clown loaches with mine. He never messed with them. They where in a 200. Arowana was about 18”.

DJW

Feeder Fish
Feb 8, 2020
Please keep in mind that your aro will eventually need a bigger tank. At only 120 gallons it will outgrow it very fast. At 7 inches it will easily grow over a foot in about of a year. Thinking about tank mates right now is a good time though since when it’s bigger it may see others are a threat.
I will, im planning making 1000g tanks once I'm moving out in 1 or 2 years. Thx for the reminding

I'm also planning building a pond for 3 or 4 pairs of super red arowana..

I had a few Polypterus And Clown loaches with mine. He never messed with them. They where in a 200. Arowana was about 18”.

I also want clown loaches , as an update. Now he have 2 slayer tinfoil barb and datnoids
Its really helpful , thanks

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Depends on the tank size. Generally speaking, any fish that is peaceful/semi-aggressive and too big to fit in the arowanas mouth that is not a surface-dweller (unless it's a really large tank as arowanas hang out at the surface and in a small tank a surface dweller will fight with the arowana)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store