Best fishing line for bait caster ?

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Hey I have tried mono and didn't like it because of the stretch I'm going after Bluegill, perch, crappie, bass, pike, Catfish, Muskie and some saltwater .
So what should I use!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
You are gunna need braided line if you are going after pike and Muskie. I have mono on my bait casters because I use them for bass. I use spinning reels for anything else.

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
It's hard to get a proper hook set most of the time when I use mono the hook barley goes in and I lost a lot of big fish using mono because I couldn't get a good hook set.

I've never really had that problem. Id recommend braid then, no memory or stretch.

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
Any specific brand and can't Walleye and other fish see the braid?

I live in NC so I don't fish for walleye. I use stren and like it. I only use braid for flathead catfish, gar, and bowfin. The gar I fish for are really shy and won't bite if they see you but they don't have problems with braid.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
I live in NC so I don't fish for walleye. I use stren and like it. I only use braid for flathead catfish, gar, and bowfin. The gar I fish for are really shy and won't bite if they see you but they don't have problems with braid.
Time to get my stuff ready and wait for the weather to warm up 👍

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store