best knifefish for 125 gallon tank

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
yeah thats what ive been told that they are quite easygoing, the one at pet smart is very small so i would say it wouldnt have been fed feeders, i may be wrong but ill ask them, i dont plan to feed feeders to any of my fish trying to keep aggression minimal
That's good. The fish in your tank are small enough that it should be a piece of cake to get them on a pellet diet.

Also, I'd probably try the two leaf fish you had planned and just keep an eye on them in case you have to get rid of one. In a 125 gallon tank, there should be plenty of room for each to have their own space and it could probably work.

Also, if you choose a striped raphael catfish with the bichir, keep the two close in size. They should be fine together.

huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
That's good. The fish in your tank are small enough that it should be a piece of cake to get them on a pellet diet.

Also, I'd probably try the two leaf fish you had planned and just keep an eye on them in case you have to get rid of one. In a 125 gallon tank, there should be plenty of room for each to have their own space and it could probably work.

Also, if you choose a striped raphael catfish with the bichir, keep the two close in size. They should be fine together.
the bichir is so small i feel it will give the catfish time to grow, thank you for the info

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
the bichir is so small i feel it will give the catfish time to grow, thank you for the info
I just read your post again. When you do the planted tank, make sure you have those plants well rooted. Clown loaches will sometimes uproot plants.

Also, if you add plants to the tank, while the leopard ctenopomas will enjoy swimming around in them, if you add a severum, the cichlid may shred the plants. Severums, and many other cichlids, along with silver dollars, etc. are notorious for shredding plants and making a mess in the aquarium for owners to clean. As a severum fanatic, not having plants is a sacrifice I've had to make in order to keep this fish in all of my set-ups. :::shakes head:::

Reactions: huntery18

huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
I just read your post again. When you do the planted tank, make sure you have those plants well rooted. Clown loaches will sometimes uproot plants.

Also, if you add plants to the tank, while the leopard ctenopomas will enjoy swimming around in them, if you add a severum, the cichlid may shred the plants. Severums, and many other cichlids, along with silver dollars, etc. are notorious for shredding plants and making a mess in the aquarium for owners to clean. As a severum fanatic, not having plants is a sacrifice I've had to make in order to keep this fish in all of my set-ups. :::shakes head:::
i have a clown loach and some demseys so i feel you on the plant thing, i just like the look of a natrual tank with vegetation

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store