Best LED for 75 gal African tank

malawimonster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2012
VA
Hey guys I'm getting back into the aquarium scene after taking a few years off... a few things have changed but for now I'm looking for a great light. Bright enough white with Actinic. I've seen a lot of different types but not sure where I should start. Please help.

Reactions: tlindsey

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I really like the finnex 24/7 I use these light fixtures on all my tanks, alot of people like the beamsworks I dont have any experience with these but maybe somone can chime in here that uses them

Thomas18

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2017
Australia
On my 120 african tank i have a 4ft T8 fixture with two 18W led bulbes in it which is more then enough to light the tank at the two foot depth. It is a chichlid tank, you don't need all the fancy light ranges that the comercial fixutes put out, those are majourly for plants. All p to you as what you want to spend and what you want.

Good Luck

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I have the new fluval sky LED with their ramp timer. I can't complain. The only thing I wish were different is that you could program a 24hr schedule that actually changed the light automatically to moon light for night time. It's not that bad thought because I always check my tank before and after work which are usually the times that the lights are ramping up anyway so I just set it on whatever lighting mode I see fit at the time. You get to customize the color so you can play with whatever makes your fish colors pop

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store