Best Pellet Food for Stingrays

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
None at all, I feared the same at first but accidentally dumped the bag in with the rest on accident and now I have a mix of Ken's with the HBH and after about 2months now there has not been any problems. HBH isn't super moist like when I first opened the bag but it's not spoiled.
Ok, I'm sold. Are you an HBH rep??? :)

eklikewhoa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
naw, JT at autonet first sold me on it, he was the one that was feeding his bulu reds with it and after some time I gave it a try. Really good stuff from what I have seen but I couldn't comment for sure since I have a tupperware with a pellet mix.

right now it has...

HBH super soft & moist krill large
Kens premium catfish sticks (much better ingredients list than the earthworm)
Kens premium 5stick blend
Kens premium krill pellets
Jakes Veggie sticks w/ calcium (leftover from shrimp food group buy, it's like the kens spirulina pellets but much better ing. and has added calcium)

I keep it in the tupperware and have a smaller tupperware I scoop out and feed from to keep the bulk fresh.

The mix is more for my myleus schomburgkii and it's really brought out the color in them. just the reds but they are getting a nice wash of red in the body near the fins and gill plates.

when I starve the tank the pancakes will mouth it, I'm sure they are eating it since their butts get big but at the same time they make a mess of it so I don't think they've taken to it completely.

Also have the Ken's meat wafers that the Hen will snap on which is cool but then the Myleus will smash it into bits.

It's so much easier for me to feed tilapia.

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
I do like some of the ingredients in the earthworm sticks, but the catfish sticks use some nice ingredients, as well. Maybe I'll switch!!

But, I'll def be adding the HBH Krill. A bit pricier than Ken's, but everything sounds good about it.

My diamond sturgeon will even eat everything in the mix. He's getting pretty dang big now.... about 22 inches.

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
New mix:

2 cups Hikari Sturgeon (medium)
2 cups NLS Thera +A (Jumbo)
2 cups Hikari Sinking Cichlid Gold (medium)
1-1/2 cups Ken's Sinking Sticks with Earthworms (1/2 lb package)
1-1/2 cups Ken's Premium Sinking Krill Pellets (6.0 mm)
1 cup Hikari Carnivore

Massivore used to be my rays sole pellet to feed, but due to its cost and my desire to provide more variety I rarely feed massivore anymore. Now, it's simply a treat like fish fillet or market shrimp, etc.

Nearly all of my rays are eating this mix now. My BD/Leos (four total), castexi, Henlei (five big rays), P14, motoro, pearl... the only rays not eating well on this mix are my new rays. But, they will be soon!!! All of my dats, aros, catfish, etc are eating this mix. Makes things that much easier!

View attachment 858282
Comes to $10.77 per lb for the mix (or, thereabouts)... I feed about 1/2 cup per feeding total to all of my tanks. Comes to about 5.4 oz. $3.63 per feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store