Best tankmates

nivek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
Singapore
Hi PPL,

If your have a 7ftx3ftx2.5ft tank and want to concentrate on just keep rays, what are the best tankmates to keep with it (tankmates must also be monster fish when it mature).?

Also how many big rays can you keep in this 7ft tank?

Thanks.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
The best tankmates are no tankmates for rays. However, I would have a tough time devoting an entire tank, especially one that size, to just rays. Arowana and datnoids are popular tank mates.

nivek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
Singapore
The best tankmates are no tankmates for rays. However, I would have a tough time devoting an entire tank, especially one that size, to just rays. Arowana and datnoids are popular tank mates.
Thanks bro.

How many rays do you think this 7ft tank can keep?

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Depends on the species. You could do two maybe three motoros in there btu eventually even that tank will be too small. If I were you I would get 2 male and three female histrix as they stay small and try to breed them.

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
Depends on the species. You could do two maybe three motoros in there btu eventually even that tank will be too small. If I were you I would get 2 male and three female histrix as they stay small and try to breed them.
ya the only problem with that is that hes not gonna beable to find 5 histrix prob wont find 1 very hard to get ahold of right now

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Thanks bro.

How many rays do you think this 7ft tank can keep?
I would say 2-3 Motoros would be good for a long time. The biggest I've ever seen was a 20-22" disk plus the tail. You've got 36" width to play with, so I wouldn't be surprised if they lived their for life.

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
As above with 3 motoros or you could have leopoldis? Dats are a good choice for rays or big lazy cats that don't really move lol. There are a lot more fish than you think that you can house with rays, i've even seen discus housed happily with them. I think they would look great in your tank as long as they are big, big,big discus.

Carl.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store