Better Replacement for Marineland Maxijet 400?

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Well apparently marineland's quality control is non existent. The impeller apparently broke, only 2 fins left. No wonder there was hardly any flow through the uv. Same thing happened to the last one I had too. This only lasted like 3 or 4 months. WTF. I also probably have to go dig in my sterilizer for the pieces so that's nice. If it damaged something...... AGH.

I will order a replacement for now but what do you guys recommend as a higher quality replacement powerhead? It needs to pump water into my coralife 9 watt sterilizer so the flow can't be absurd. I'm not gunna bother cutting the tubing on my canister. NO. JUST NO.

Ugh I'm MAD. MADDD. Already had to scramble to fix stuff today after a spill and now this too? Apparently the impeller replacements are also she tee. I can't afford so many freaking replacement parts when I'm tryiong to save for a full tank upgrade... WHYYYY!

:mad:

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
did...you call marineland? They may replace that for you if it broke that fast.

On a side note I've never been impressed with a lot of their product quality

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I was looking at their website and it said they don't replace stuff over the phone. I looked at the paperwork and to get a whole new thing I have to ship it back so nah. I'll take the 7 dollar hit on drsfostersmith if I can't find it at the lfs.

It was a cheapo one over at the lfs though, got it for less than 25 bucks so I expected this to happen, just not so soon haha.

Are hydor powerheads any good? The heater I had from them lasted quite a long time. How about the aquaclear ones? Heard great things about those.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Lol. I was impatient. Found a sunsun powerhead with good reviews on amazon for 10 bucks with prime.

I ordered bulk algae wafers and flourish too haha.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I'll have to remember that. So far the sunsun has no issues getting water up to the sterilizer. It was a bit annoying, I had to use the black flex tubing to put the hosing on there, for whatever reason they had no hose barbs on the output and it was too thick otherwise. Looks ugly but oh well haha.

It does run super quiet, can't hear it over the other equipment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store