MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
the lfs
I just got a 300g tank and I was planning on

1xSilver Aro
2xMotoro rays
1xTigrinus
1xScarlet pleco

And I was also hoping to get a bichir but I dont know what species I should get that wont be aggressive? So can yall direct me on which species I should get and can you post pics of it? Please and Thank You :thumbsup:

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
street cypher said:
I'd suggest lower jaw bichirs or larger growing ones.

P. e. endlicheri
p. e. congicus
p. b. lapradei
p. ornatipinnis

Only problem i foresee is that the pleco may harm them by rasping on their slime coat.
Totally agree!!

discusfreak2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
cape coral, florida
with a 300 gallon, id definatley go with congicus, the biggest of them all. they look sweet when theyre older.

why are plecos a bad thing. none of mine harm my senegals, its kind of the other way around, the senegals harass the plecos at feeding time.

Kenta

Gambusia
MFK Member
why are plecos a bad thing. none of mine harm my senegals, its kind of the other way around, the senegals harass the plecos at feeding time.
I've seen people do it, but its only a matter of time when the pleco will suck on the bichir and like it. A non aggressive fish like a bichir will not defend itself against a sucking pleco. After a while its slime coat will be removed and it will be susceptible to disease and infection, not to mention the initial injury of the plecos teeth.

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
its matter of time like street cypher said lost 3 ornate because of the pleco, been with them for about 6 months then it started sucking their slime off, pretty nasty site, didn't manage to save them :(

prm

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
the lfs
My plecos never sucked on my stingrays disc and everyone warned me about that so Ill try it and see what happens.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
prm said:
My plecos never sucked on my stingrays disc and everyone warned me about that so Ill try it and see what happens.
i nkow people with good and bad results, i duno, i would never trust it, just in case, losing a ray would suck big time

bjah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Indonesia
endlicheri is a good choice. I'm planning to get one myself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store