Bichir gang

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Would like to share Shipment from Guinea, WC lake faranah endlicheris and lapardeis came today. $150 each for the smaller sized 12-14” endlis. I saw one great specimen and was so tempted to buy it. The only reason stopping me from the purchase was the fear of transmission of parasites given they had only arrived today itself, and didn’t want to infect my new gar. Kinda regret it now 😂, I’ll visit next week to see if I can still purchase.

IMG_1726.jpeg

IMG_1728.jpeg

camphoto_758783491.jpeg

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Welcoming my new Cuban gar home 😊. 12” and still on the skinnier side, definite goal for me would be to buffen and fatten it up to Hao Hao Cuban gar size. Now I can say I have a proper garmy, consisting of Florida, tropical and Cuban gar.
within the first hour it ate a piece of shrimp, although it vomited it out later. Taking it as a good sign, hopefully would be a big eater so I wouldn’t be stressed over feeding it.

View attachment 1539959

View attachment 1539960
Haha I was not expecting a gar since it's "bichir gang" thread. Anyway even better pick up than I thought. Nice score! Hopefully you'll see why they are my favorite species of gar. :)

Would like to share Shipment from Guinea, WC lake faranah endlicheris and lapardeis came today. $150 each for the smaller sized 12-14” endlis. I saw one great specimen and was so tempted to buy it. The only reason stopping me from the purchase was the fear of transmission of parasites given they had only arrived today itself, and didn’t want to infect my new gar. Kinda regret it now 😂, I’ll visit next week to see if I can still purchase.

View attachment 1540011

View attachment 1540012

View attachment 1540013
I believe these are just from Faranah region (not from a specific river, usually guinea bichirs are caught in rivers not lakes). It's crazy that some people already took some home.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Last and final addition to the tank from JZX, unless a batch of congicus bichirs from Congo river come in ( won’t be for a long time Im guessing). Measured at 14-15” in length, new WC Guinean endlicheri from Faranah. Hoping to grow it out in the next few years.

Future news, heard they have a new shipment on the way with bowfins and other prehistoric fishes coming soon. Never seen a bowfin in SG before although I know some Singaporean own them in their private aquariums, can’t wait for the shipment to arrive.

IMG_1903.jpeg

IMG_1905.jpeg

camphoto_758783491.jpeg

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
All the gars handfeed from my hand now. Still trying to get the new Guinean endli to eat but doesn’t seem interested in MP. Hopefully he will start eating soon.

IMG_1970.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store