Bichir is so active? Why?

bibboboygun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hello I have sen, delhezi, endli, and lapra in my tank. in these 2 days, they're become so active or maybe hyperactive to swim. is it good or bad for them? why they do this?

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
Hello I have sen, delhezi, endli, and lapra in my tank. in these 2 days, they're become so active or maybe hyperactive to swim. is it good or bad for them? why they do this?
I think it's quite normal for sens and dels, as upper jaws, to be active - this is less applicable for lower jaws such as a lap. But this does not mean lower jaws do not swim around.
Assuming your water parameters are fine, it sounds like they've just been added to the tank and are getting used to the new environment, hence the swimming. Another big factor that causes new polys to be super active is hunger.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not a bad thing. Just monitor for any stress.

bibboboygun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2019
I think it's quite normal for sens and dels, as upper jaws, to be active - this is less applicable for lower jaws such as a lap. But this does not mean lower jaws do not swim around.
Assuming your water parameters are fine, it sounds like they've just been added to the tank and are getting used to the new environment, hence the swimming. Another big factor that causes new polys to be super active is hunger.
I think they're hungry, coz when I fed them, they are becoming little bit calm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store