Big Co2 Reactor and Manifold design

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
IMG_8520.JPG Just finished this up thought I would share. Had to wait forever for the clear 2" Sch40 PVC for the reactor body but it was so worth the wait. The hose barbs got switched out since it fit inline with the pvc hardline I did so no soft hose connections were needed. Got a 20lb bottle to hook up to it as soon as the new reg gets here then it will be ready to go. Will be running a 25w UV sterilizer on the middle line of the manifold but still waiting on that for now. Also waiting on a 3/4" union for the top line so the entire thing is completely customizable and can be disassembled for cleaning

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
image.jpeg Very clean setup but looks rather complicated. Here's my diy reactor. It's approximately 30" from tip to tip. Water flows in from the top and out the bottom...straight pipe without any bio balls. Simple but very effective.

Reactions: Experiment397

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
fisheatfish fisheatfish nice! this one is around 26" I am running everything off a single pump with limited space so the manifold setup works best for me. The manifold is fairly simple. water comes in from the left and goes down through the lines then out the right side. the right side plugs into a one way valve so there is no backflow through the manifold lines. all built using true union ballvalves so take apart is simple. the reactor has the bioballs in it for now but I have plenty of clear pvc and parts to make another without bioballs that can plug directly into the ball valves above this reactor. could even make a longer reactor and extend the other 2 lines using some couplings and a few more inches of 3/4" pvc to match the new reactors length

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store