MFK Member
Feb 16, 2023
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi, I’m loosing a lot of my bristlenose plecs in my main 200 litre tank. They appear to be getting red patches on there skin and then a few days later end up dead. The ammonia is 0 nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 10ppm and ph is 7. I do 30% water changes once a week and it’s stocked with corys and angelfish. I have no idea what’s going on and any help would be appreciated.

DB28EAA2-EB5B-439B-A7F2-691DEB56BE95.jpeg

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
That looks like septicemia…could be from aeromonas or pseudomonas. Maybe an infection took hold when they were injured from fighting each other or an ammonia spike?

Its hard to treat…try doubling up on water changes, add aeration, and Kanamycin

Reactions: tlindsey

Bak3r

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2023
Thanks! Well the previous young male had a cut on his cheek which gradually got worse and he then died so it possibly is from fighting. thanks I’ll try do a lot more waterchanges

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Hi, I’m loosing a lot of my bristlenose plecs in my main 200 litre tank. They appear to be getting red patches on there skin and then a few days later end up dead. The ammonia is 0 nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 10ppm and ph is 7. I do 30% water changes once a week and it’s stocked with corys and angelfish. I have no idea what’s going on and any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 1513248
Looks like bacteria infection would treat with antibiotics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store