Bit on my fire eel head

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I suggest no medicine at this time clean water and make sure the fish is eating. If it gets worse or does it look like we’re should be then try some triple sulfa

tinapower1228

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2023
I suggest no medicine at this time clean water and make sure the fish is eating. If it gets worse or does it look like we’re should be then try some triple sulfa
He is not really eating we took the knife fish out of the tank and we just cleaned the tank thank you

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
He is not really eating we took the knife fish out of the tank and we just cleaned the tank thank you
What have u been feeding? I’d try some triple sulfa and wait it out if it’s not eating. Keep nitrates below 20ppm.

tinapower1228

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2023
He won't eat anything else but the worms I tried the tilapia and shrimp he just won't eat nothing else but the worms

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
He won't eat anything else but the worms I tried the tilapia and shrimp he just won't eat nothing else but the worms
Maybe cut the tilapia and shrimp into worm shape but worms aren’t a good food source
You can feed them it but it doesn’t provide much nutrients
Have you tried live?

tinapower1228

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2023
Yes we have tried live he will pick at the feeders and other fish we have in there but not tilapia or shrip

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
That’s not a good food use more like tilapia and shrimp and use melafix and stres coat
Maybe cut the tilapia and shrimp into worm shape but worms aren’t a good food source
You can feed them it but it doesn’t provide much nutrients
Have you tried live?
I'd be curious as to the source of this opinion regarding earthworms. Earthworms are whole organisms, containing all internal organs and complete with alimentary canals full of partially digested food. Strips of Tilapia are just fish meat, not even close to a complete diet. I'm not sure about shrimp; whole shrimp would be much better than just the tails which many people buy to use as food. Apparently at least some shrimp pose a thiaminase risk as well.

I wouldn't suggest that any of these three items (or any other natural foods) would be ideal if fed exclusively, but if I had to pick only one I think that earthworms are probably by far the best choice. I've used them a lot for the last 50 years or so and haven't encountered any problems related to feeding them.

They are also one of the most irresistible foods to predators and are often the best way to get a reluctant predator to start eating in captivity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store