Black and white Texas cichlid?

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Hello MFK,
I don't know if this is anything rare or interesting or if it happens to be nothing but my girlfriend's dad has had this baby Green Texas for a month or two and we'll he/she is now displaying half black and half white coloring. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening? The fish is displaying healthy behavior/no negative symptoms of any kind.

This side shows a simple half black half white pattern. I couldn't get a picture of the other side because he wouldn't cooperate but it's more random splotches of black and white.

Fish is maybe 1.5 > 2 inches long

IMG_3610.JPG

Reactions: tlindsey

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Hello MFK,
I don't know if this is anything rare or interesting or if it happens to be nothing but my girlfriend's dad has had this baby Green Texas for a month or two and we'll he/she is now displaying half black and half white coloring. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening? The fish is displaying healthy behavior/no negative symptoms of any kind.

This side shows a simple half black half white pattern. I couldn't get a picture of the other side because he wouldn't cooperate but it's more random splotches of black and white.

Fish is maybe 1.5 > 2 inches long

View attachment 1277990

PS This color change happened within the last 3-4 days.

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Well then any other Texas cichlid I've had must be special because I've never seen it before lmao

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
That us their breeding/ dominant dress. I had a Cyano that was almost constantly that color a few years ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store