BLACK BEAUTY

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
It is but not good for power feeding to grow it out faster ?
I don't know how big it is but from the looks of it, it looks like it's an adult already. If it's an adult I would recommend not trying to power feed it anymore otherwise ya might end up making it constipated or sick.

Btw very nice looking gar there. Not too often will ya find a melanistic animal let alone such a good looking one.

NCTRNL

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2020
I don't know how big it is but from the looks of it, it looks like it's an adult already. If it's an adult I would recommend not trying to power feed it anymore otherwise ya might end up making it constipated or sick.

Btw very nice looking gar there. Not too often will ya find a melanistic animal let alone such a good looking one.
It’s currently around 16-17”. It seems to like Northfin arowana floating sticks which I feed 8-10 pieces per day. Within the last few days I’ve noticed it’s showing interests in the tilapia and shrimp I’ve been feeding to some of its tank mates. But I actually feel like this guy should be eating more for its size but I guess I should be happy it’s eating in general and in good health ?

Thank you. I feel very fortunate to have gotten the opportunity to own this guy. It’s a real cool fish that I’d like to see around for many more years to come and grow big with me ?

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store