Black diamond stingray breathing heavy just added to tank urgent help please

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
Guys I need help very urgently , I added be to my arowana tank and he is breathing way heavy his ribs are poke out not moving much not eating at all I am freaked out don't know what to do this my first ray and experience going way bad my water parameters are up to mark he is holding his body very tightly not curled up but I don't want him to die please help please help.

20200504_115854.jpg

IMG-20200505-WA0003.jpeg

20200505_164310.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Tobiassorensen Tobiassorensen spotfin spotfin

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
2 days before I put him inside and then first day he was very healthy second day he started heavy breathing and ribs are poking out he is holding his body tight
I would give him sometime if its only been 2 days. He does look skinny. When having problems with a new ray the best thing in my experience is to powerfeed and keep water pristine. Find out what he is eating. Can you tell me your exact water parameters? Just saying they are up to mark doesn’t help.

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
He is not eating anything I tried shrimp hikari pellets and worms but he scared of food more than even eating he run away if food felt on his disk previous owner I went his house and I saw him eating everything before I bought him water parameters I checked before adding him I left with no strips now ran out because of lock down I can't get anywhere I order from Amazon I ****ed up

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
Where are few possibility why he stress out but this is my first time keeping rays
1 Previous owner had sand to dig out when he scared he also have aro with him mine is bare bottom.
2 my aro size is big compare to his aro
3 he need more time to settle down in new tank
4 I ****ed up in adding him in tank my method or parameters was wrong .
5 I have water flow from top which creates oxygen in water and it's pretty strong so it's definitely not oxygen I can't understand what is the main cause I block lights and turn on UV

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I hope the Stingray is ok but in the future don't use strips especially when you're trying to keep a Ray or a true Shark. The API Freshwater test kit and Saltwater test kit is what I recommend.

Reactions: dr exum

Omkarsant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
I figured out later this was first time I put ray what best I can do right now this moment I added stability and stress coat what else I can do ?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I figured out later this was first time I put ray what best I can do right now this moment I added stability and stress coat what else I can do ?
Tbh the water parameters are needed to help experienced members with the issue.
Some very experienced members were tagged so hopefully they will chime in. I suggest not adding anything else for now.

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store