Black Dot/pimple/mole??????

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
I got a Wild Golden Dorado and I noticed that it has a black mole/pimple/bump on the top left side of him.
I know very lil about disease on fish, so can you pls help me on what it is. Taking pics wont work cause the Dorado is 3" and super fast. So all pics would be blurry

Thanks

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
Unfortunately without pictures it is very hard to get help with this sort of stuff, since without seeing what it looks like no one can really say.

Maybe at least try and get a shot or two?

Good luck and hopefully someone will come along soon that may have an idea what is going on.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
A similar scenario can be found in clown loaches and silver dollars. As far as I know, this doesn't seem to affect the fish in any way.

niksu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
as
bump one of my fish got the same thing, its a black mole looking thing

crowconor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
hanover,ma
kinda like mold? one of silver dollars seems to have something like this but they are fine i quaratined him but it never got better but he is fine

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
My theory is simply these are parasites from the wild but for some strange reason, they actually never bother the fish in any way.

crowconor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
hanover,ma
yeah its probably something like that i tried salt and uping the temp frequent WC and some other meds..but nothing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store