Black Nasty x Red Texas

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Does anyone else think Black Nasty x Red Texas is a good idea, personally if I were to line breed one I would probably try to get the black on the Black Nasty to turn red, specifically the type of Black Nasty that has a black face. I would probably go for Red eyes but eye color doesn't matter too much really, few changes to body shape maybe a bit of larger Nuchal Hump, but that doesn't really matter. Anyway anyone have ideas for what they would want in a Red Texas x Black Nasty?

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
You do much speculation in regards to crossbreeding and are obviously interested and probably pretty young so I must ask have you every bred something that progresses quicker like guppies?

20190825_171833.jpg

Reactions: Ruturaj

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I've bred guppies before but I was never too interested in them. The reason I do so much speculation is because I don't live with my parents anymore so I don't have a lot of tank space.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I just think you are misunderstanding how genes are inherited and expressed. You are talking like you want to drag and drop certain traits, through a hybrid breeding no less.
With guppies I have been able to change colors, finnage, and patterns while also having the new line fixed within a few years. Doing this with cichlid hybrids takes almost a decade. Just food for thought my fellow amature mad scientist.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I just think you are misunderstanding how genes are inherited and expressed. You are talking like you want to drag and drop certain traits, through a hybrid breeding no less.
With guppies I have been able to change colors, finnage, and patterns while also having the new line fixed within a few years. Doing this with cichlid hybrids takes almost a decade. Just food for thought my fellow amature mad scientist.
Yeah I know that's what it sounds like that because I am dragging and dropping certain traits. When I think of a hybrid idea I find interesting I post about it because even though I might never be able to breed hybrids like the ones I talk about I still like the idea and want feedback on what other people want in a certain hybrid so that if by any chance I will someday be able to make I can see what traits I and other people prefer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store