Blood Parrot x Texas

GoodMike

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Spokane, WA
My blood parrot and texas spawned on saturday, and the eggs are hatching, there are about 50 hatched babies as of right now. They spawned in my 125 and i have them divided off, i just removed the male texas from that divided area cause he is so big that when he moves, the babies would be thrown around, he was not happy that i moved him though. i have a ten gallon tank that i am ready to move the babies into when they need to be moved. ill keep you updated, i have some pics, but my buddy borrowed my camera, so ill be posting later.

GoodMike

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Spokane, WA
like i said, when i get my cam back ill show you the pics, and take some more. Susie, the blood parrot, is doing a pretty good job of caring for the babies, she picks them up and puts them back on the piece of wood the best she can (i help her with a turkey baster when needed), looks like there are 50+ hatched already and still about 100-200 eggs hatching.

Paintsn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
LoNg BeAcH, cA.
swweeet..congratulation!!! hopefully you'll keep some for updates.. if not, i got plenty of tanks for em.. ha ha.. but yeah i think they might turn out to be fading types..cant wait for the updates

GoodMike

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Spokane, WA
Of coarse ill keep some, i would be interested to see what happens when i would breed back to the father to make a stronger strain...i think thats how you do it. haha. but ya ill be interested to see what they become!

lancerlot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sudbury ont.
ok, their are texas/parrot hybrids. Theirs a red morhp that looks like this, maybe 1 or 2 of them will look like this from your batch. So grow them to about 2" and all thos to don't turn this color kill. Becuase you won't be able to get rid of them. But on bright side red morhp texas/parrot sells for few 100$.

GoodMike

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Spokane, WA
hmm...i rather not kill them, cause there are people who want to buy them. i have seen a non red version of them, and they still look pretty nice in my opinon....but that red fish...OMG. i will definately grow them out till i know what is red and what is not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store