blood parrot

twotimes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2012
phoenix az
has any one successfully breed blood parrots?just curious is to if all the male parrots are in fertile i just bought 1 oscar 1 jd 2 parrots male and female and 1 convict for forty buck and i vented the parrots and they are boy and girl just hoping they can breed successfully.

JteSchertz

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Texas
They may lay eggs but they will never hatch....most male's if not all are infertile. The female's however can mix with other cichlids.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
A few years ago i had a pair breed with fry its documented somewhere in aquatiacentral but the video that i took was lost in cyberspace in an old photobucket account.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kaliedoscope

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2010
Oklahoma City Oklahoma USA
www.facebook.com
Lol I just asked if anyone is doing this on purpose. Of course male parrots are infertile for the most part if the eggs do hatch the babies usually come out messed up or die quickly. Males with good genetics aren't found outside of asia, as the breeders keep those back. Most parrots in the united states are made by crossing females to things like red devil

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Why go Red Devil though, Midas is by far the better choice. I will say I am going to attempt my Blood Parrot crossback project since I have some F1 Citrinellus. Im not in a ruah to do it but if I can get one of males to cooperate gonna work toward it. Also still trying to breed my Kirins.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
[YT]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8sgA97utTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

Been a while sorry if its messed up. This is the best bet IMPO

Kaliedoscope

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2010
Oklahoma City Oklahoma USA
www.facebook.com
Let me know when you do this I will buy the babies you don't want that are short bodied. (all those "low quality parrots" as you call them lol ; p )

Did you follow greenthumb13's story about his kirin parrot? He thought it was a female when it spawned with a fh so I was gonna send him my vieja hartwegi to cross with "her", but his kirin turned out to be a fertile male when it spawned with a blood parrot.
They spawned sucessfully a few times and he got a few kirins apparently, and he got quite a few nice ones with the flowerhorn cross, but when it crossed with a parrot he said that a few babies made it but most of them were bent at a right angle in the middle and died after a few days.

Anyways chris let me know when you get babies. We're into the same stuff so if you want to ship I'll probably be into buying most of the stuff you don't have space to raise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store