Blue Crayfish and Cherry Shrimp?

evercl92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, OH
www.2slowracing.com
From the experience my friend had with a blue crayfish, it ate everything it could get / catch. Plants, fish food, fiddler crab (cut it in half), gourami's and other fish. I would have to say I wouldn't risk it with an expensive shrimp.

cactus

Feeder Fish
Aug 20, 2006
England
Not sure i'd trust cherrys with the adfs or platties, being one of the smallest available shrimp just about everything finds them tasty. I got 22 which were all eaten in the space of a week by a betta and these were 2cm shrimp so a decent size for cherrys. They had loads of wood and plants but still got scoffed.

:mwave:

chuckr30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2006
Michigan
Some bettas do like to eat shrimp. But I have RCS in my tanks with platys, white clouds, an oto, and danios and have never seen them eat or chase a shrimp. I also keep the fish well fed. I also have another tank where I breed shrimp, and it contains an ADF. No problems there either. I just have plenty of hiding places (java moss and cabomba) for the shrimp.

But yes, all types of crayfish will eat anything they can catch, and they can catch a lot, including sleeping fish.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
not safe

Bigbob55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Texas
He'll probably eat them, although on an intersting note:

I had a regular crawfish for a while and it was with about 10 ghost shrimp and didn't touch them. They lived together for about a month and then the ghosts died off from old age. When he was "scavenging" he would often bump into them, and wait for them to move (they usually jumped) and he kept going. Kinda strange. He was a good size too, 5-6''

The blue craw I have now though would have eaten them in a matter of minutes though, he has killed 3 mystery snails.

mibbyblues

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Texas
www.texasaquaponics.com
I have fish and shrimp with my Cherax Tigers and I keep mollies,guppies, and sometime goldfish with my Walkamin Strain Redclaw with No problems.
I also keep them all in many 650 gallons tanks so that might be part of it too. but even the ones in the smaller tanks I have never had an issue with.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I say you can keep them together, for about ten minutes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store